lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1dev.26 fails on Apollo

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1dev.26 fails on Apollo
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:42:55 -0400 (EDT)

> On Mon, 14 Sep 1998 address@hidden wrote:
>
> > I don't see how the S_ISLNK symbol isn't being defined (so I guess I need
> > more info).  It's defined in tcp.h, which is included by HTUtils.h
> >
> > perhaps your system has a tcp.h that's getting in the way?
>
> I didn't find an S_ISLNK in my system tcp.h or for that matter in any of
> the Apollo's system header files.
what I meant (trying again):
        Lynx defines (in case your system does not have in its <sys/stat.h>)
        the S_ISLNK macro.

        That definition is in Lynx's file named tcp.h

        Some people (last year, not recently) reported problems on the win32
        or djgpp ports problems with another file named tcp.h

        The makefile does an explicit -I include-path option to get Lynx's
        tcp.h first, however

        some old compilers (possibly on Apollo) don't necessarily process
        the -I options correctly (if there's too many, they may warn or
        omit some).

So I'm trying to find out what went wrong so I can workaround in the makefile
or whatever.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden