lynx-dev

lynx-dev new Segmentation fault occurrence

From: Alchemist Matt
Subject: lynx-dev new Segmentation fault occurrence
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 14:44:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

        From the Changes file for ver 2.8.1.dev25 I see the new annoying
help hyperlinks have been disabled for advanced users.  Thanks for doing
this; I assume others voiced their objection to this also.  Onto my
problem.  I've been downloading the development versions for 2.8.1 for a
while, starting with dev18.  They have all configured and compiled (with
make) perfectly, with no intervention on my part to the makefile or other
config files.  With version dev25, the configure and compilation steps
complete successfully, but when I try to execute the newly created lynx
executable, it won't run and gives a segmentation fault.  I haven't seen
this problem with any of the earlier versions, so something new must be
causing it.  Just thought I'd let you all know this, though without more
information, you probably can't help me.  I'll be content to just wait
until the next version.  I'm compiling the program on a
sparc-sun-solaris2.6, according to configure.  I don't subscribe to the
developer's mailing list, so respond here if you desire.

                Matt

Matthew Monroe                          address@hidden
Analytical Chemistry                    http://www.unc.edu/~monroem/
UNC - Chapel Hill                       This tagline is umop apisdn