lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 14:48:41 +0900 (JST)

> I am a little unclear here.  If lynx does not have code for handling BCC,=
>  how
> is lynx allowing blind copy?

Sorry, I have no intention of telling anyone other than the developers HOW
to do it.  I'm sorry that neither you nor Philip wish to recognize the fact
that there are hundreds of rather vulnerable (because of under-staffing,
etc.) sites using Lynx as their primary user interface.  I just used blind
copy as an example of what can be done.  The point here is that Lynx can be
ABUSED with potentially serious consequences.

>  The other question is why would you want to= >  turn
> off BCC for an anonymous account?

What I want to do and what I don't want to do is my prerogative as
provider of a free service.

>  What is the difference between CC and BCC

CC is specifically handled by Lynx, as are a number of other headers.
Lynx can be coaxed to form Bcc, AND ANY OTHER header, at the will (and
whim) of the user.  THAT is the problem, not Bcc per se.

__Henry