lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release

From: brian j. pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 18:23:50 -0700

address@hidden wrote:
> > 980831 Ulrich Hausmann wrote:
> > > 1) Is there 2.8.1 officially released?
> >
> > no.
> >
> > > 2) If not, when will it be out?
> >
> > my guess would be a couple of months,
> > since there have been many recent additions which need fully testing.
> most of that is the forms-options menu, which can still be regarded as
> experimental.  If Bela comes back soon with fixes for the temporary
> files which satisfy him, it would take about two weeks to tie off loose
> ends and release 2.8.1 (I would like to get 2.8.1 out because of the
> security fixes).

Should persistent cookies still be considered experimental, or do we think
they've been hammered on enough?

The only change I can see that I would re: those is to use a
".lynx_cookies" (or some variant) file in the home directory to store
them, as opposed to "cookies" in the current dir.

--
Whatever occurs from love is always beyond good and evil.
                -- Friedrich Nietzsche