lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev.22] patch0.3: UIPs, help files, --enable-gzi

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev.22] patch0.3: UIPs, help files, --enable-gzip-help
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 11:26:43 -0700 (PDT)

> From address@hidden Fri Aug 28 11:12:11 1998
> Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 19:09:38 +0100
> From: Sinan Kaan Yerli <address@hidden>
<snip>

> Marking files is a known trick to make them flexiable for overall
> changes. Like if the mail address of the lynx-dev changes we only need
> to change it in "help_files.txt" and leave the rest to makefile.
> This trick can also be used for 'lynx.man' for directories and lynx.cfg
> etc. (Hmmm. I just checked 'lynx.man' and we don't have a section like
> 'FILES' or 'ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES').

<snip>

Could you please explain what you mean by "marking files is a
known trick..."?  What does "marking" mean?

"Touching" (unix) I understand (for make).

I think you might know some trick that I do not know (there are
a lot of those that I do not know, but like knowing them, and
learning more of them), so please do explain.

Thanks.

David