lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dejanews problems?

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dejanews problems?
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 22:46:21 -0400

I got an interesting email today...

>From address@hidden  Thu Aug 27 18:01:20 1998
From: address@hidden
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 17:01:17 -0500
To: lvirden
Subject: Deja
content-length: 963

Greetings,

Thank you for all your reports concerning the problem with Deja News and Lynx.
Though we have not
yet found a complete fix to this situation, we have discovered a possible work
around for the
short term.

We have had success using the Power Search page:
(http://www.dejanews.com/home_ps.shtml)

in conjunction with setting the results format to "threaded".  In our tests
when these parameters
are used the hitlist navigation links "Previous" and "Next" article will appear
at the bottom of
the page.

Please, give this temporary work around a try.  We will continue looking into
ways of rectifying
the overall problem, so that the tabular and list formats will hopefully be
available to compatible
Lynx users as well.

Again, thank you for your patience and effort in relaying to us your concerns
with the Deja News
Site.  We apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered due to this
situation.

Thank you,
Deja News Support Team