lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: when, where, why "kb/sec"? Any votes for a "simple" Lynx

From: Sinan Kaan Yerli
Subject: lynx-dev Re: when, where, why "kb/sec"? Any votes for a "simple" Lynx
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:18:48 +0100

(27/08/1998 08:26) address@hidden:

>(Changing one function for a more general one which doesn't increase code
>size, such as LYOptions's form-options code is a Good Thing, however).

The only place left that is not standard I think is the 'bookmark'
section which can be joined as a big junk of <input> field in the
Options UIP (where it actually belongs)?

Of course 'v=' or 'v[a-z]' has to be generalised within the line editor
not from LYBookmark. Hmmm... more work.

What about _the_ big dream: combining/re-organizing
'userdef.h lynx.cfg, .lynxrc, OPTIONS'

>A couple of examples:
>
>       + the way I cleaned up the clutter in LYOptions.c - moving
>         repetitive code into macros.
>
>       + the cleanup of the temporary file handling functions (instead of
>         plastering the code with #if VMS/#else/#if DOSPATH/#else/...,
>         move structurally-similar stuff into macros or functions.

For example a centralised 'bindkey/macro/keymap' for all keyboard actions.
Am I day dreaming? :-)

--
Sinan Kaan Yerli <address@hidden>