lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev22] patch0.2: Internal HTML pages; rewrite

From: Sinan Kaan Yerli
Subject: lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev22] patch0.2: Internal HTML pages; rewrite
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 22:45:20 +0100

(26/08/1998 17:01) Webmaster Jim:

>One can't assume gzip is actually on the target system, nor compress,
>either, for that matter (assuming I understand your question).

Well of course.

Then all the configuration has to be done by 'configure' which I can not
play with it (I mean autoconfig). If everybody agrees I will assume the
following variables will be set when 'makefile' is created:

COMPRESS_PROG
COMPRESS_EXT

in such a way that --enable-compress-help will set both of them and they
will be empty otherwise.

Sinan.