lynx-dev

lynx-dev [2.8.1dev.22] bug-report: garbage on the screen when partial_di

From: Sinan Kaan Yerli
Subject: lynx-dev [2.8.1dev.22] bug-report: garbage on the screen when partial_display is on
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 18:40:26 +0100

Bug:
When a page contains <FORM ...> markup and if the PARTIAL_DISPLAY is
true then while the page is loaded incrementally all the <INPUT ...>
lines are displayed on the first line of first current page until
partial_display finishes.

I have been trying to find a solution but I couldn't. The problem is in
GridText.c`display_page (well, I pin pointed upto here using a
debugger):

- all anchors of the page are defined in a for loop and this loop is
  divided into two: 1) Load normal hypertext anchors. 2) Handle form
  fields.
- Differences are later has 'FormInfo_ptr = Anchor_ptr->input_field'
  former has 'a memory leak fix'.
- For both Normal and Form handling, positions of the anchors are
  calculated and stored like this (remember this is the first time we
  see anchors of the page; nlinks++ is done later):
        links[nlinks].lx = Anchor_ptr->line_pos;
        links[nlinks].ly = ((Anchor_ptr->line_num + 1) - line_number);
  these give wrong values for _only_ form handling; that's why we see
  those garbage. However, at the end of partial_display when eveything
  is recalculated (is it?) all the lines fit into their normal
  positions and will stay there until you reload it again. How?
- It might be related to a missing HTxxx function which grabs the _real_
  (x,y) positions of the anchor, I don't know...

Any thoughts?

Since we have a form-based options page, this is gonna be really
annoying...

Sinan.
--
Sinan Kaan Yerli <address@hidden>