lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev21] patch: Cosmetic changes to internal pages

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev21] patch: Cosmetic changes to internal pages
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 21:09:32 -0700

On Sun, Aug 23, 1998, Al Gilman <address@hidden> wrote:

        [...]

> It would make sense to me if the Information Page linked the name
> of the lynx version to the release page for that version at the
> development site, for releases, and to the home page for the
> development sequence for compiles of the development code.
> I hope that if we come up with the pattern, the actual string
> substitution of URLs can be Configure-ed in.

        [...]

I think this, especially the context-sensitive help, is a great
idea, even though I doubt I'll be able to use it.  In the ongoing
battle against disk quotas, I gzip all the help files and then
go through and add ".gz" by hand to the anchor URL's as needed.
Hence lynx won't find the configured-in help-file URL's in my
case.

Like I said, I think it's a great idea anyway, so I guess this is
just an example of unexpected consequences in rare circumstances,
or something.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>