lynx-dev

lynx-dev Information required.

From: Sudeep
Subject: lynx-dev Information required.
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 98 17:33:54 IST

Hi ,

I want to know how I can configure the lynx browser for Automatic proxy.
At present I can configure the variable HTTP_PROXY as HOST:PORT only.
It is not accepting the format HOST:PORT/<proxy_file>.

Please let me know whether the lynx browser(Lynx Version 2.7.1ac-0.27) can
be configured for automatic proxy. I could not get this information
from the Lynx user guide.

Some of the basic information are given below:
 - Lynx Version 2.7.1ac-0.27 (1997)
 - HP-UX A.09.07 A 9000/715
 - Configured the http_proxy variable in lynx.cfg as
   http_proxy:http://some.server.dom:port/conf/<proxy_file>
 - The proxy configuration was not working.

Thanks and Regards,
        Sudeep.