lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 05:31:31 -0400 (EDT)

> > eg partial display (BTW is that working properly now)?
>
> "is that working" suggests to me, "Whoa, what's the rush!"
> (But then I just compiled Lynx for the first time in three
> months.  NTL, I think there has been quite a bit of code
> added that needs much more rigorous exercising than it has
> gotten.)
right - rather than add features, we should work on filling in the gaps
in the new features (and test better).

> I'm getting the following compile error on SunOS4.1.3; no problem?
I'm aware of this (thought that replacing my own test with autoconf's
would fix it, but that didn't - so I'll have to repair autoconf - I understand
the problem)

> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/home/2home/themansa/.usr/include   -I../../..
> -I../../..
> /src  -I../../..  -I../../../src  -I../../../WWW/Library/Implementation -O2
> -DSU
> N -DSUN4   -I../../../WWW/Library/Implementation/ -DXMOSAIC_HACK
> -DACCESS_AUTH -
> c ../../../WWW/Library/Implementation/HTFile.c
> ../../../WWW/Library/Implementation/HTFile.c: In function `HTEditable':
> ../../../WWW/Library/Implementation/HTFile.c:1097: warning: passing arg 2 of
> `ge
> tgroups' from incompatible pointer type
>
> After I do "make install", I get the following warning; why?
> ews% make install
> make: Warning: Too many rules defined for target /home/2home/themansa/.lynx
I don't know - would have to see the makefile

> What is the status on the forms-based option menu?  Is that
> still in the experimental stage?  How do I turn it on?  All
yes - still experimental (I spent some time reviewing it, got 2/3 through,
but am not satisfied yet that it replaces the non-forms menu).

> those files created by all those users worries me, or am I
> misinterpreting what's being done.
>
> > whether sysadmins wait for the 2nd number to advance before updating.
>
> This quasi-pseudo sysadmin waits for the concrete to harden,
> and tries to check that the refor bar is up to code.  Don't
> pay a lot of attention to numbers.  Won't be updating a general-
> use Lynx, anyway, until I hear an okay from Bela.
right - he indicated that he'd send some changes (I think) late this month.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden