lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Special Hyphen

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Special Hyphen
Date: 18 Aug 1998 10:13:42 -0500

>>>>> "p" == pg  <address@hidden> writes:

p> The "special hyphen" character does not format correctly
p> See, for example:

Linkname> Martin Ramsch - iso8859-1 table
URL> http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/latest-release/test/iso8859-1.html

p> ... the line containing &#173.  The columns don't line up.  I see
p> the same anomaly using the free lynx at bob.org.

I don't think it's supposed to line up.  "&shy;" is a soft hyphen;
it's only supposed to be a hint as to whether a word can be hyphenated
at a particular point.  If a program needs to hyphenate a word, it
should do it at the "&shy;" and print a regular hyphen there.

| Jason F. McBrayer              address@hidden |
| The scalloped tatters of the King in Yellow must hide Yhtill   |
| forever.                    R.W. Chambers _The King in Yellow_ |