lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev <BR>

From: Roving Reporter
Subject: Re: lynx-dev <BR>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 21:44:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, David Combs wrote:

><more on br br>
>
>MANY years ago I read a book that related to this
>discussion a bit.
>
>Author was C. Northcote Parkinson.
>
>Had a story about a board of directors discussing forever
>the design of a bicycle shed, (total cost 100 pounds or
>something equally low), then ten minutes on building a
>nuclear plant for a gazillion dollars.
>:-)

That's cuz the human mind can't comprehend a gazillion dollars
so we tend to skip or otherwise skirt around discussing things
in that range. (Also most people don't want to do the line-by-line
routine either!)

The bicycle shed OTOH, is simple, easy to comprehend, and everyone
has their own idea of how to do it better. (-:
* Therese Shellabarger      -     address@hidden *
* http://www.concentric.net/~tlshell/   Shalom chaverot! *
* See Deaf Expo at http://www.deafexpo.org/              *