lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev horizontal scrolling stuff

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev horizontal scrolling stuff
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 14:07:17 -0500 (CDT)

[I'm taking a break from unpacking after my move... so I'm just now reading
stuff posted back on 7 Aug]

Amazingly enough address@hidden said:
> o)  Have a "virtual width" of the screen.. possibly set by default as a
> command-line option, but it seems to me would be best to at least optionally
> set this at runtime [at HTML-interpretation time, really] so it can be made
> wider for big tables..
> o)  Then when Lynx "pages" the output, have a functionality similar to
> less' horizontal scrolling..  Heck, even get the source to less to figure out
> how they do it if necessary.

For the internim, how about a more generic solution that might be simpler
to implement right away.

Set up an EXTERNAL command that starts up a script.  Prompts you for the
width, then run lynx -dump -width XX URL | less

Yeah, doesn't solve solution for anonymous sites, but could get it working
right away.

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all