lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev New <BR> collapsing patch

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev New <BR> collapsing patch
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 07:22:12 -0400 (EDT)

> >> It goes on the assumption that COLLAPSE_BR_TAGS=TRUE means use the new
> >> collapsing technique, and that COLLAPSE_BR_TAGS=FALSE means add a \r
> >> for every <BR>, regardless of the number of them encountered.  If
> >> someone wants to take this and make it a troggle (like comment parsing:
> >> correct, minimal, or historic), that would be even better.
>
> > So, absent the "troggle", this change doesn't allow for maintaining the
> > current correct behavior, right?
>
> That's right.
>
> Should the three-way switch be in the options screen?  With a keyboard
> command?  Exclusive to lynx.cfg? or .lynxrc/lynx.rc?
well, it's easier to put it into the options screen now, since there's no
restriction to a single page.  The lynx.cfg and .lynxrc issues will bear
some discussion (perhaps the latter).

> I could eventually implement one of these, but I know absolutely nothing
> about how the lynx.cfg/.lynxrc parser is implemented, or about how the
> options screen works (or will work with forms), so it might be better if
> someone else could implement whichever of those choices seems best.
lynx.cfg is table-driven (but for a 3-way switch it needs some code).
.lynxrc isn't (yet) table-driven.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden