lynx-dev

lynx-dev Problem with textareas

From: Craig Schenk
Subject: lynx-dev Problem with textareas
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 18:05:34 -0400 (EDT)

If I go to a web page with a <FORM> that contains a <TEXTAREA> of say, 15 lines,
once I get to the 15th line, I cant enter anymore text. Using netscape on the
same page, after I hit enter at the end of the 15th line, I get a 16th line and
the 1st line scrolls up. How do I get this behaviour in Lynx? Is this the fault
of Lynx, or bad HTML at the other end? I've been trying to use Lynx to post to a
www-based message board, and its somewhat annoying behaviour since it prevents
me from being able to post full length messages. Didn't see anything about this
in the FAQs or users guide.

/| Craig Schenk       |    The statement below is the truth.   |\
\| address@hidden   |      The statement above is a lie.     |/