lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "\"-html-screen truncates

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "\"-html-screen truncates
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 17:50:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Philip Webb wrote:

> 980731 David Combs wrote:
> > I did "\" to see. Oops -- truncated at screen-width ("set cols ...").
> > Of course, "d"ownload & vi showed the html source correctly.
> > it needs to be wrapped & maybe indented for easy reading.
> > Why important?  Otherwise you can't trust "\"
> > -- you are FORCED to "d" and vi or something.
> > the width of the longest line is 255 in the downloaded html.
>
> this is a regular irritant:
> is there any reason why Lynx can't wrap source lines as DC suggests?
> it shouldn't be too difficult to program:

Maybe I am missing the point. Right now, you can see the source
wrapped. It is there, just off the screen with no way to scroll right.
Just "print" to less. You can then see the full source, either wrapped
or with left to right scrolling, depending on how you set less. This
works for me when I want to see the wonders of the source that gives
strange output on lynx. There is no need to download a file, but you
are temporarily out of the lynx environment. I know that this works
with unix and dos. I can't say about other operating systems.
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)