lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2-8 bug with `n'

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2-8 bug with `n'
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 07:34:14 -0400 (EDT)

980803 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> 980802 Philip Webb wrote:
>> i've now got around to extracting the  4  sections of code ( 11 pp )
>> & will see what i can make of them: there are some comments by FM & KW.
> ok - I can offer advice, but not much more.

a quick look thro' these sections suggests their general idea is clear.
i immediately noticed  2  apparently very clumsy almost-duplications
of sizeable chunks of code, writing C as if it were Fortran;
however, i'm still very green ...

>> BTW is there any logic to how functions are placed in files in  /src
>> or did they just growed?  might it be useful to break up longer files?
> Mostly they just grew.  The only ones that are really problems are
> GridText.c and LYMainLoop.c, because the long (~5000 lines) procedures
> strains many compilers.  It's awkward to break those up because of the
> number of global variables each chunk uses.

 www_user_search  &  adjust_search_result  are both in GridText.c,
rather than the surely more natural LYSearch.c .