lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev problem with downloading?

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problem with downloading?
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 11:55:04 +0100 (BST)

> I logged into an FTP site using Lynx and used it to download
> some programs.  (It's much nicer than the FTP interface)

Hints only, as I've never needed to do this.

If you went through a proxy, the problem is probably with the proxy and
even the modified URL approach may not work.  If you went direct, associating
the file extension correctly in the mailcap file or using the correct ;
modifier (a and b, I think, but look up the URLs RFCs as I find real ftp
clients more reliable than Lynx for ftp accesses, and also use Lynx under
Unix, where binary and ascii modes can be the same).