lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Fatal Error with Signal 291

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Fatal Error with Signal 291
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 18:11:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 5 Jul 1998 address@hidden wrote:

> > I reported this problem to the list on May 9th, but no one seems to have
> > found the fix. There are multiple sites where having VERBOSE_IMAGES on
> > leads to a core dump. See
> probably - but I could not reproduce it.  (I have fixes for 2 unrelated
> core dumps in my current patch, and have noticed a problem parsing a site
> that I went to recently which I'll try to fix -- www.lynxsys.com download --
> though the html works fine locally).  But for core dumps, about all I can
> suggest is that when you see one, debug it (I'll take a look at each one
> when it's reported, but if it doesn't break for me, there's not much I can
> do with it).

I knew that debugging a core dump would be the optimal way to report,
but my unix and DOS binaries have been stripped and DOS exits without
leaving an actual core file. The next time I build a unix binary, I'll
try to build with -g and leave it unstripped until I can reproduce the
problem.

I've never used gdb. Can anyone tell me briefly what to do with it on
the core file to give information worth posting to the list. I know
little about programming.
                               Doug
__
Doug Kaufman