lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx and Turbo Vision

From: Marc D. Williams
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx and Turbo Vision
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 23:23:02 PST8PDT

> Hello;
> I might be naive or something, but I noticed there is an old Turbo
> Vision version of lynx:
>     ftp://ftp2.cc.ukans.edu/pub/WWW/DosLynx/readme.htm

I believe that version of DosLynx is 0.08 or something.
Wayne Buttles worked on it and it went up to 0.15 or 0.16. If you want
to check it out go to http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/
I believe the source code is also available from there.
You can also find it at ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/internet/
as EXE_15A.ZIP

All development on it has stopped in favor of Bobcat/Lynx.

> Any chance this code will be integrated to the standard Lynx? (I've not
> seen it, but I don't believe I am the first one to have the "idea")
>
> cheers,
>     Pedro.

Probably not unless you want to take it on. I rememeber the posts
from Wayne on the doslynx-dev list and it seemed the TV version was
a chore to work on.
I honestly don't see anyone putting together the latest Lynx with
Turbo Vision.

--
>> ANIME SENSHI <<

Marc D. Williams
address@hidden         GTE
IRC Nick: Senshi        Channel: #DOS  #IRCHelp
http://www.agate.net/~tvdog/internet.html  --  DOS Internet Tools

Thought for the day:
    A penny saved is ridiculous.