lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx and Turbo Vision

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx and Turbo Vision
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 02:32:07 -0400 (EDT)

980627 Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> I noticed there is an old Turbo Vision version of lynx:
>     ftp://ftp2.cc.ukans.edu/pub/WWW/DosLynx/readme.htm
> and there's also Turbo Vision for g++ and OS/2:
>     http://www.callisto.krakow.pl/tvplus/
> Any chance this code will be integrated to the standard Lynx?

University of Kansas no longer supports Lynx,
but hasn't removed the ancient alpha version of DosLynx,
which hasn't been supported for ages (960407, they say);
it has been long superseded by Lynx 2-8 (latest general release),
which does work on DOS 386, Win32 & OS/2 :
get it from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/ .
ask again here if you have any problems with Lynx 2-8.

to other lynx-devers: shouldn't we ask U Kansas to remove DosLynx
or at least mark the page clearly at the top "superseded by Lynx",
with a link to  lynx/browser/org/ ?