lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 4 suggestions

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 4 suggestions
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:17:21 -0400 (EDT)

> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 16:28:46 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Matt Ackeret <address@hidden>
> >* When filling out a text input box, the [Left] key is dangerous: it
> >  moves back over your entered text, but when you hit the beginning of
> >  the text box, it jumps to the previous pages. This happens to me a
> >  lot: I hold down the [Left] key, and all of a sudden I find myself
> >  at some strange place. Don't know how to fix it though.
>
> Good point.. I run into this all of the time too, it ticks me off.
>
> Maybe make left-arrow NOT take you off of a text box.. (correct? isn't
> what's happening is that the left arrow is taking you _off_ of the text
> box, then the next left arrow is going back a page?   If not, then don't
> accept commands at the beginning of a text box)

I assume you mean ignoring left arrows at the beginning of a text entry field.
If so, I second this suggestion with one added point:

Now that lynx supports the ^V escape from line edit mode,
there is no need to make left arrow at the start of a text
entry field jump to the previous page.  In the unlikely event you
really do want to jump back to the previous page, just hit ^V<left-arrow>.

I haven't looked at the line edit stuff but think it should be easy to fix.
If I have time over the weekend I'll take a look.
--le