lynx-dev

lynx-dev LYNX BugReport

From: William Teagardin
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX BugReport
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:45:03 -0700

        Dear Bug Catcher,

This is my third and last attempt to report an error in
the LYNX code.
          While merry-ily surfing along one sunny
day I was atempting to research a film on the  American
Film Inst. site thru CineMedia. (See #1 below). I had no
trouble getting to the site. I then clicked on the ENTER
link (see #2 below) and proceeded to the "HyperSearch"
input ( see #3 below ) where I input the first title I
was interested in.  The result was three references to
"radio" { the media } and had nothing to do with the film.
So ( see #4 ) I pushed "space" for the next page and
input another title (see #5 below). This resulted in
the immediate error message and a rude bounce back to
the LYNX main menu.
        I sent off a BugReport to the address specified
and received a very polite response. ( see below )
There were several attempts to duplicate the report
(unsucessfuly) to the new address' and we are now at
my final attempt.
        I am operating an Apple IIgs with GS/OS 6.0.1
and running the Terminal Program ANSI-Term (under
ProDOS 8). My Internet server is L.A.Free Net (lafn.org)
and has the following ID line on the opening screen.

SunOS Release 4.1.3 (LAFN.ORG_V4)#1: Wed Nov 26 03:08:13 PST 1997

Attached below is the anotated ScrollBack from my on line
session.  The bug is consistant.  I have duplicated it
three times in previous attempts to report the bug.
I have no idea what a "TCP/IP" refers to.

        Yet me know how you make out with this report.

                                                          GoToURL

   Enter URL to visit:
http://www.afionline.org/CINEMEDIA/CineMedia.home.html__GoToURL
                                                          ^^^
 (#1) (I entered the above addr and clicked here)--------->|

   This WWW page allows the directy entry of URLs

Data transfer complete*
  Arrow keys: Up and Down to move. Right to follow a link; Left
to go back. H)elp O)ptions P)rint M)ain screen Q)uit /=search
[delete]=history list
CineMedia Welcomes You!

    [1]CineMedia

   links to over
   [2]18,000sites
   await you

   [3] enter <----( #2 I Clicked here )

Data transfer complete*
  Arrow keys: Up and Down to move. Right to follow a link; Left
to go back. H)elp O)ptions P)rint M)ain screen Q)uit /=search
[delete]=history list
        CineMedia
    Welcome!

   TO THE INTERNET'S
   LARGEST FILM & MEDIA DIRECTORY

   featuring over
   18,000 LINKS HyperSearch! Talk Radio_____ Click!
                             |____________________|
                                          ^
 (#3) ( I entered a title and clicked ) --^

   Browse CineMedia's
   [1]C A T E G O R I E S

   address@hidden
   [3][ISMAP] MAKE SURE TO VISIT
   [4]AFI ONLINE

   Copyright &copy; 1994-98Dan M. Harries
   All rights reserved

Data transfer complete*
  Arrow keys: Up and Down to move. Right to follow a link; Left
to go back. H)elp O)ptions P)rint M)ain screen Q)uit /=search
[delete]=history list
                        CineMedia/Search Results (p1 of 2)

   [IMAGE] a beautiful line of stars

        [1]Guide to Talk Radio Programming, The

        [2]Talk America Radio Network

        [3]TOUR of DUTY Talk Radio Show

                                      V-(#4) (so I pushed space)
   a beautiful line of STARS!!!!      V
-- press space for next page --<-------
  Arrow keys: Up and Down to move. Right to follow a link; Left
to go back. H)elp O)ptions P)rint M)ain screen Q)uit /=search
[delete]=history list
                        CineMedia/Search Results (p2 of 2)
   Another HyperSearch! ?

   Mad Man of Martinique___________________ Click!
   a beautiful line of STARS!!!!              ^
   [4]Home                                    |

 ( #5 )  ( I entered the title and clicked )---

   Copyright &copy; 1994-98 Dan M. Harries
   All rights reserved

(Form submit button) Use right-arrow or <return> to submit ('x'
for no cache).  Arrow keys: Up and Down to move. Right to follow
a link; Left to go back. H)elp O)ptions P)rint M)ain screen Q)uit
/=search [delete]=history list

  Sorry, you have encountered a bug in Lynx Ver. 2.3.7 BETA

Please send a concise mail message to
address@hidden describing what you were doing, the
URL you were looking at or attempting to access,
your operating system name with version number,
the TCP/IP implementation that your system is using,
and any other information you deem relevant.

Do not mail the core file if one was generated.

Lynx now exiting with signal:  11

Exiting via interrupt: exit(0)

          <<< World Wide Web Access >>>

  1 About Lynx  <TEXT>
  2 The Lynx FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)  <TEXT>
  3 CONNECT TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB VIA THE LA FREE-NET'S HOME PAGE
<LYNX>

        etc., etc., etc.

        So, I sent my bug report to the address
        specified in the error message.

        and received the following reply.

>Date: Sat Jun 20 20:27:15 1998
>From: address@hidden (Lynx-Help & Lynx-Bug)
>Subject: RE: your Lynx question/bug report
>

>Dear Lynx User,
>
>Thank you for sending email to us about the Lynx World Wide Web
browser.  >Unfortunately, Lynx is no longer supported by the
University of Kansas and  we >cannot respond to your question or
bug report.

>The good news is that Lynx is being developed outside KU and
there are ways to >get help or to report problems.  Please go to
the following URL to  get the >latest information on Lynx
development and to find help

--
--- end of msg ---

William & Janet Teagardin