lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx 2.7.1

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx 2.7.1
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 08:08:40 -0400 (EDT)

> On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, T.E.Dickey wrote:
>
> (regarding lynx 2.8 on SCO openserver)
> > I think he just has to compile it (Bela indicated that 2.8 was either
> > working ok or did with minor tweaks)
>
> Bela can probably answer this better than I, but my understanding is
> that Openserver frequently ships without a development system at all. In
> the past you had to buy the development system separately for SCO
> systems, but the current system ships with headers. A binary gcc is
> available from the skunkware distribution, so anyone could put together
> their own development system. This may be a lot, however, for users who
> just want to use lynx and have never set up a development system on
> their machines.
>                             Doug (who doesn't have a development system
>                           on his Xenix machine because he didn't want
>                           to spend the money)
ok - I didn't know what configurations Openserver ships with - the last I
looked closely at SCO's stuff was wrt the 'free' licensing (free for
non-commercial/educational use), but decided to not get involved since I
maintain a port to a SCO box at work and that would probably disqualify me
under the licensing terms (plus 400Mb for a minimum system seemed a bit
much).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden