lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 50 Lines in Windows 95

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 50 Lines in Windows 95
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 98 08:51:55 EDT

I had to check this at home first.  You are launching Lynx directly
from the RUN prompt, I think.  I open a DOS prompt first, run my
batch file that loads Vocal-Eyes, then run Lynx.  The properties of
the DOS prompt can be adjusted, with about 5 tabs in the property
sheet instead of 2.  I think this will work just as well with Dial-Up
Networking, and a batch file is probably not necessary.  In
exploring the options I didn't find one for 50 lines, but I did
find some for changing the font size.  I think 50 lines is there
somewhere.  Wayne has a sample PIF file on his site, but I don't know
if there's anything special in it. I understand that you don't need to
load a speech program for DOS, since JFW is handling these console
apps along with the Windows apps.  If the DOS box isn't set to full
screen, I could sorta use Window-Eyes this way, too.

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998 06:19:42 -0700,
Kelly Ford   <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Perhaps I have something configured incorrectly because the only options in
>the Properties dialog for my Lynx shortcut are General and Shortcut.  I
>have the command line as c:\home\lynx\lynx.exe but there's nothing there
>about screen display.  Should I be starting the program in a different
>fashion?

-- Lloyd Rasmussen
Senior Staff Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the  Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress          202-707-0535
(work)       address@hidden    http://www.loc.gov/nls/
(home) address@hidden http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/lras/