lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Minor problem with Lynx

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Minor problem with Lynx
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 13:37:45 +0100 (BST)

> With certain links which are themselves maps, clicking on them in
> MSIE or NS goes directly to the default action of the map.  Lynx,
> on the other hand, then gives a menu of the possible actions in
> the map.  You can then choose to do the default action, but of

The Lynx actions seems to be the most reasonable for a text browser as
very few people actually cover 0,0 with anything sensible.

> course this entails an extra click.  And some sites which look at
> what page you linked from are fooled into thinking you didn't
> come from the appropriate page.

I'd agree that that was a feature.  I can understand why it happens though -
it involves less special case code to fake up a page and then process it
normally than to fake up a page, but give it the BASE of the containing
page.  I've not looked at the code, but I suspect one could generate a
BASE element (if it appears as HTML at any stage) or the equivalent internal
form of one.