lynx-dev

lynx-dev Help: Lynx-386 with PPP/modem/DOS ?

From: Post Georg
Subject: lynx-dev Help: Lynx-386 with PPP/modem/DOS ?
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 20:55:48 +0100

To:       address@hidden
Subject:  Lynx-386 with PPP/modem/DOS ?

How can I run Lynx under MS-DOS with a PPP/modem link to my
Internet Provider ?

I have the freeware package  " PPPD for DOS 0.5 alpha "
(ported from Linux to Dos !?)  and I can use their "EPPPD"  packet driver
for my modem, with the appropriate "chat" scripts
and config and batch files.
By now, I am able to run the FTP client from the NCSA Telnet package, due to
my hacks in the batch that update the  NCSA-typical  "config.tel"
whenever the PPP connection gets established.

Could I start Lynx-386 this way, by applying similar hacks to the
Waterloo-typical  "wattcp.cfg" ?
Does anybody have some experience with the PPPD/Lynx software combination ?

TIA,   Georg Post  <address@hidden>