lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.7.1 bugs

From: David Henderson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.7.1 bugs
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 13:36:05 -0500 (CDT)

>     * From: Kevin Lowey <address@hidden>
>     * Cc: address@hidden
>     * Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.7.1 bugs (fwd)
>     * Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 10:58:28 -0600 (CST)

I am in complete agreement about the changing-P-in-UL-to-BR problem.  As
I recall, it was a "Fote's opinion" thing that caused P to no longer
function in UL's, and as a result, sites like "The Lurker's Guide to
Babylon 5" had to change to using <BR><BR>.  Then even that went away
(yes, it's a compilation option, but defaulted to "not work"), so every
item just runs straight together with no whitespace separating them.
Very irritating.

Could we please get standard P-processing reinstated for ULs?  I would
be tremendously appreciative.

On another note, I'd like to see <BR> produce a line break, <BR><BR> produce
a single blank line, and <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> also produce a
single blank line.  Is there any hope of that happening (aside from looking
through the code myself and figuring out how to do it without breaking other
things)?

>This should produce (and used to in the older Lynx):
>
>    *  Paragraph one starts here alka lka as a a lka l
>       lk  a a  aa a lkjhaslfdkhj adsflkjh aslkjsafd lkj flj
>       afdslk jhasd flkja slkj fdlkjhsa lkjah lkashj al skjh a
>
>       lklka lkja a alk jsalkj sa lkj lkjsalkj a lkj lkjlkj
>       lkj lkj aalkjh lkj lkj lj lkj.
>
>    *  Second point goes here
>
>[...] but Lynx is ignoring it and is making ugly stuff that looks like this:
>
>    *  Paragraph one starts here alka lka as a a lka l
>       lk  a a  aa a lkjhaslfdkhj adsflkjh aslkjsafd lkj flj
>       afdslk jhasd flkja slkj fdlkjhsa lkjah lkashj al skjh a
>       lklka lkja a alk jsalkj sa lkj lkjsalkj a lkj lkjlkj
>       lkj lkj aalkjh lkj lkj lj lkj.
>    *  Second point goes here

David Henderson
--
Star Trek?  Psi Phi!  Visit http://www.psiphi.org/ for the latest news
and rumors about "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" and "Star Trek: Voyager"
<*> davidh at psiphi.org, davidh at imsa.edu, davidh at cyberdesic.com