lynx-dev

Re: Finding files (was Re: lynx-dev about lynx.cfg)

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: Finding files (was Re: lynx-dev about lynx.cfg)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 16:37:56 -0400 (EDT)

I hesitate to add to this very long thread (I'm a week behind reading
my email) but had one thought that no one else expressed:

The only foolproof way of finding lynx.cfg is the trace log.
Running strings on the lynx binary (once your find it) will only
show the default path.  Suppose it is specified by -cfg or
an environment variable?  Also, the path showm
by "whence lynx" could be a shelll script invoking
lynx from somewhere else...
--le