lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev about lynx.cfg

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev about lynx.cfg
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 05:23:15 -0400 (EDT)

> Is the problem specific to sending trace messages to
> the screen?  When sent to Lynx.trace and then viewing
no - I'm redirecting to the file (this is a side-effect, e.g.,
by calling a function in one of the fprintf's).  I don't see any
sign of traces being sent to the screen.

> idea.  If the user has shell access, then Lynx can be
> invoked with -trace to get that information.  Otherwise,
I'm aware of that (have no plans for changing that aspect of the design).

> I also don't understand why you're spending so much
> time on the color styles stuff.  Despite that exchange
simple: when I switch tables between tagsoup and sortasgml,
I am seeing a similar effect in color-style, which may be
masked/compounded by the trace problem I mentioned.  When I get to the
bottom of that, I can (without introducing extra problems)
make either table the default.

> between you and Henry when he stated with such "confidence"
> that Klaus added that into to devel code, and you replied
> "If you say so.", it was you, not Klaus, who did that, as
> recorded in the v2.8 CHANGES file, and without any knowledge
you aren't making this clear.

> of the style sheet specs.  You also must, yourself, realize
> that your adding curses/ncurses/pdcurses color support makes
> the color styles stuff unnecessary for color support, per se
uh no: people like the color styles better than the Christmas tree approach.
(and it relates to some other stuff I'm doing in ncurses).

> (i.e., whether or not Lynx is built with slang).  Did you
> miss the message from Rob back when he lost his job
I saw the message, asked directly, more than once over the past
year or so, but got no response (it would be nice to incorporate
newer/better code, but what I have is interesting enough to tinker with).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden