lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev about lynx.cfg

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev about lynx.cfg
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 23:56:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 27 May 1998, David Combs wrote:

> I did the strings into a file, put that into VI, looked
> and searched, etc, found only one line with word "lynx"
> in it; here are first 40 lines, rest seeming to be same
> kind of non-english stuff as the trailing lines of
> what I include here:
>

> #!/bin/sh
> skip=18
> if /usr/ucb/tail +$skip $0 | "/usr/local/bin"/gzip -cd > /tmp/gztmp$$; then
>   /bin/chmod 700 /tmp/gztmp$$

Your lynx program was compressed with gzexe. To examine the lynx.cfg
string in the file, you need to decompress it first. Copy the file into
your own directory and do "gzexe -d  lynx". This will uncompress the
file. Then 'strings lynx|grep "lynx\.cfg"|less' should give you what you
need.
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman