lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev build of lynx2.8.1dev.10 failed on Solaris 2.6

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev build of lynx2.8.1dev.10 failed on Solaris 2.6
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 05:58:29 -0400 (EDT)

> > From address@hidden Tue May 12 22:44:38 1998
> > Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 14:35:37 +0900 (JST)
> > From: Nelson Henry Eric <address@hidden>
> >
> > Will there also be problems with LYMain.c line 3269 which reads:
> >       "tagsoup",        FUNCTION_ARG,           tagsoup_fun,
>
> Uh, maybe I am stupid or something, but just what IS this
> "tagsoup" thing?  I've seen it go by so many times on
> this list, but until now I thought it was just a humorous
> way to refer to garbage html.
"tagsoup" == Fote parser
"sortasgml" == Klaus parser

(however, "tagsoup" is Klaus' version of Fote parser, and there are some
differences, in part because Klaus' version uses table entries in some
places to drive logic that Fote's 2.7.2 does explicitly).

They're different mainly (from my point of view) by Fote's version does
error recovery differently, not popping the stack of tag-types quite so
readily as Klaus' when an unexpected type is found.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden