lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev cleaning up color options

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: lynx-dev cleaning up color options
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 18:28:52 -0400 (EDT)

I looked at lynx.hlp and the comment for show_color
in .lynxrc for the description you mentioned and found
only a few sentences.  Is there another help file I don't
know about?

Apparently the show_color option in .lynxrc takes 3 settings:
        never, default (referring to on or off), or always.
"never" means always off even if the terminal supports color;
"always" means always on even if the term doesn't explicitly
support color (???)...  I noticed that "always" used to be "always_try"
on the options page, but now it's just "always"...

In any case, I now see the compromise.
But all I wanted to do was merge -color and -nocolor
command line options to a single toggle option, since
they are only used to set color on/off anyway.
Is there a reason not to do this?
--le