lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev problem at slcc to report

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problem at slcc to report
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 05:30:54 -0400 (EDT)

> As some of you may be aware, there's a service at
> <URL:http://www.slcc.edu/cgi-bin/lynx/patch-o-matic.cgi> which provides
> an interface to the development view of lynx.  It allows one to just
> download patches without having to download the entire files.
>
> Today when I try to access it, I find that it puts lynx into some sort of
> loop.  Unfortunately, my trace file was deleted when it filled up the
> remaining several 154 meg of disk in my home directory causing great
> consternation to the rest of the folk on the file system...
I built a copy of dev.9 to see if I get the same problem, but do not.  (The
dev.8/dev.9 change should not affect this - I think, since the effect was
simply to leave behind undeleted some of the temp-files).  If you find
something that I can reproduce, though, I'll look harder (it's possible
that one of those substitutions of inline code to LYSkipBlanks, for
example, is "wrong" - there were a lot, and I did find a couple of coding
errors while doing that).

Anyway - for a couple of days I have bugs to fix in vile/ncurses/xterm,
so I figure that by the time I'm done with those lynx will have some bugs.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden