lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Questions about Lynx 2-8

From: Personal
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Questions about Lynx 2-8
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 17:25:24 -0600 (MDT)

Lois Radford (address@hidden) writes:

>We are a public library running a VAX 6100 with DRA software.
>We have been many versions behind in VMS due to so many political
>factors, I won't bore you with the details.  However, (FINALLY)
>we are in the process of upgrading our entire network from
>modems & muxes to an SMDS TCP/IP ethernet WAN covering eleven
>branch libraries and one main library.  At this very moment,
>we are running VMS 5.5-2 and Lynx 2-3.  Around the first
>weekend of June, we plan to go to VMS 7.0 and upgrade from
>DRA 2.4 to 2.5 (and all the bug fixes -- excuse me -- "upgrades"
>between).  We would very much like to upgrade our Lynx as well.
>Unfortunately, the ONLY reason we have a workable version of
>Lynx right now is because some kind soul at the DRA Users Group
>two years ago was letting people use the copy he had compiled
>for his VAX 6100.  Since we are a public library, I'm assuming
>we do qualify as an "educational agency" ?? (we do for most
>purposes -- uncluding Universal Service Funds -- SIGH)  Can we
>get a copy of the latest Lynx that will run on our VAX and, if
>so, where can we get it and can you either help us set it up
>or point us in the direction to download the documentation to
>do so?  Any help you can give us would be much appreciated!
>Thanx,
>Lois Radford
>Norfolk Public Library
>301 East City Hall Avenue
>Norfolk, VA 23510
>address@hidden
>(757)664-7329

Lois,

I am not the right person to answer your questions. In the future,
should you need to ask such questions, please send them to

address@hidden

which is the lynx developers list, rather than sending them to a
single person. I am forwarding a copy of this message to the list,
and expect that someone there will be able to help you. If you don't
receive an answer form someone within a day or so, try sending your
question directly there.

Thanks

Scott McGee

ls
Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,
Email: address@hidden (Scott McGee)         | run in circles,
Web:   http://www.slcc.edu/infotech/webmaster.html | scream and shout.
My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the College. Trust me!