lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Compiling LYNX on an NCR 3000 MP-RAS SVR4 platform

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Compiling LYNX on an NCR 3000 MP-RAS SVR4 platform
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 15:16:52 -0400 (EDT)

> ../../../WWW/Library/Implementation/HTParse.c
> NCR High Performance C Compiler R2.0a
>
> (c) Copyright 1994-95, AT&T Global Information Solutions
>
> (c) Copyright 1987-95, MetaWare Incorporated
>
> E "/usr/include/sys/vnode.h",L357/C10(#489):    Unexpected symbol in
I would read this as line 357, column 10, error number 489.

The usual problem with system header files is a symbol which has been
redefined.  To investigate these, I would make a C preprocessor output
file.  The WWW tree is awkward, I dont think I added a .c.i rule to
WWW/Library/unix since suffix rules won't work across directories.
But I would copy the text from the log, change the -c option to -E -C,
which will make the standard output the preprocessor output, and redirect
that to a file.  By comparing to the original vnode.h, we can see what
symbol is getting redefined, and work around.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden