lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Suggestion for Lynx for Windows

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Suggestion for Lynx for Windows
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 98 09:34:53 EDT

I am not yet using Win 95, but use Lynx for DOS with Vocal-Eyes.

Lynx/32 grabs keystrokes before your screen reader can see them.  It
is not the only console-mode Win95 program that does this.  You may
get some relief by using ASAP's option for grabbing keystrokes more
aggressively.  But I have heard from Janina Sajka at the American
Foundation for the Blind <address@hidden> that she solves this problem
by putting ASAP into its screen review mode before examining the
screen with ASAP's keys.  This is not very satisfactory, but it
works.

Other blind people are using Lynx/32 with screen readers, and I don't
know all their strategies.  I hope this helps.

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:54:43 +1000,
for Eric  <address@hidden > wrote:

>Sorry for my poor english. I am a blind person that live in Hong Kong.  I
>found that Lynx for windows is faster than Lynx for DOS.  But when I use
>Lynx for Windows to brows webpages, my screen reader ASAP cannot function
>properly.  Because Lynx for windows use Number keypad to perform some of
>its function, ASAP use keypad for view the screen.  Can you please help me
>to solve this problem?  Is there any option to choose not to assign any
>function to keypad in Lynx for Windows?  Why Lynx for DOS is slower than
>Lynx for Windows?  Can you improve this problem? When Lynx for DOS is
>recieving webpages or downloading file, I cannot view the screen with ASAP,
>can you solve this problem?
>
>Thank You very much.
>
>My email address at address@hidden
>
>Eric

-- Lloyd Rasmussen
Senior Staff Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the  Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress          202-707-0535
(work)       address@hidden    http://www.loc.gov/nls/
(home) address@hidden http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/lras/