lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Perhaps here is a forum to consider

From: Filip M Gieszczykiewicz
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Perhaps here is a forum to consider
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 08:08:53 -0500 (CDT)

You (Larry W. Virden, x2487) wrote:
> The TBTF Exclusionary Sites Hall of Shame
>   Bestowing raspberries on sites that can't be bothered, since 1997

[zap]
>       - A Linux fan site that slams the door rudely on visitors using
>         Internet Explorer

If he's running the site on a 386sx with 4MB of ram AND doesn't want
500 MSIE bastards downloading his WHOLE site using their little hellish
robots with no care of robots.txt file and shutting him down... HE HAS
MY UNDERSTANDING AND BLESSING. Serves them right. Give me his e-mail, I
want to see how he did it... [no smile]

>       - A site that on its front page admits to its laziness in not
>         bothering even to try to accommodate Netscape browsers

"What comes around goes around"? Not neccessarily fair but it
wasn't fair when everyone _BUT_ NS were excluded

In my view, Netscape is going to have to take some heat in this
"we design for xxx only" thread... these twits started it all.

Take care.