lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev May 4th subscription instructions

From: Howard Kaikow
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 17:59:31 -0400

The vast majority of lynx users have no interest in becoming developers of
lynx or even looking at the code. Those that have such an interest could
silently (or not so silently) lurk in a dev newsgroup.

Of more importance is that developers monitor "user" newsgroups and "lists"
to see what users really need. However, the vast majority of lynx users
would have no interest in vive versa, i.e., no need to see devo discussions.

I would point out that comp.infosystems.www.browsers.misc often has lynx
threads, but they are very offten just lynx vs. non-lynx bashing/religious
threads. Lynx users likely need a "friendlier" newsgroup.