lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev configure customization of man page?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev configure customization of man page?
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 21:25:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:

> I noticed tonite that lynx.man gets installed mentioning a -color
> comand line argument.  However, the lynx binary that is created has no
> such command line argument - when I try to use it, I get an error from
> lynx showing me the arguments supported and -color isn't one of them.
>
> Is this a bug in the man page, the source code, or something that gets
> configured in depending on the options selected?  If the last, then
> is it possible to 'build' a man page dependent on the options selected
> at configure time?  It would make user support easier if only the options
> that are available were shown.

This is something that gets configured depending on the options selected
- in this case the choice of curses library or slang. A list of options
that pertain only to that particular binary can be had with "lynx -help".
It would probably be easy to put a disclaimer in the help files that
these are all possible options, and to refer to "lynx -help" for those
that apply.
                               Doug
__
Doug Kaufman