lynx-dev

Re: gettext and lynx (Re: LYNX-DEV LYMessages_en.h translation)

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: gettext and lynx (Re: LYNX-DEV LYMessages_en.h translation)
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 07:46:41 -0400 (EDT)

> "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> |   yes - but if we do the gettext (or whatever) integration properly, those
> |   extra files are just data, like
> |
> |     00001 Hello world
> |     00002 Do you wish to quit
> |
> |   (and once assigned, we _don't_ change the numbers).
>
> No, no -- this isn't how gettext works.  And I think we're talking about
> GNU gettext.
right - the example that I'd seen was all numbers, but I've not done any
conversions using this package.  So far it's just been a nuisance, since
most of the configure scripts don't build/install it without a little
prodding (requiring us to use GNU make isn't acceptable - it doesn't run
on a couple of the older boxes in our lab).

> Please, have a look at the reference implementation:
on my list (after I finish digging my way out of the current hole that I'm in)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden