lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Telnet Downloading from lynx

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Telnet Downloading from lynx
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 13:19:49 -0800

On Fri, Apr 03, 1998, Larry W. Virden, x2487 <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: Doug Kaufman <address@hidden>
>
> > On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, jungle wrote:
> >
> > > I use a mac se and telnet to lynx from my isp (northcoast.com) to
> > > trfn.clpgh.org
> > > How does one use zmodem or kermit from within  ncsa telnet 2.6 to download
> >
> > I am not sure of exactly what you want to do, but I sense some confusion
>
> Note that i suspect this use of the word 'lynx' is similar to the use of
> the word 'telnet' as a verb - frequently i hear folk say they 'telnet' to
> a site when they mean to connect to their ISP and then run telnet.
>
> I read jungle as saying "I am a Mac user.  I use telnet to northcoast,
> then invoke the command:
> lynx trfn.clpgh.org

    [...]

I guess we won't know for sure unless/until we hear back from him, but
dollars-to-doughnuts he meant just what he said.  His ISP doesn't
offer lynx, or it offers an antediluvian version, and/or he doesn't
know how to access it.  Since trfn.clpgh.org uses lynx as their telnet
interface, it seems reasonable (if inefficient) that he would be
telnetting in and using their lynx.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>