lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Curses lib

From: Kristin McNally
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Curses lib
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 11:15:18 -0500

Actually, the problem is that the win32 version of Lynx is compiled with a
curses lib that directly accesses the CONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFO structure.
The reason this lib accesses the buffer is so that it can get the LINES and
COLS environment variables.  Trying to set these variables before Lynx
launches (ie putenv("LINES=24);) is useless because the curses lib gets
these parameters from the dwSize member variable of the
CONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFO structure.   Because this lib uses these calls,
it makes it extremely difficult to redirect Lynx's std i/o, even though Lynx
is using stdin and stdout for its i/o.

I would be interested in talking with anyone who is using the win32 version
of Lynx.

Kristin McNally
Applications Developer
MOON Communications