lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV DOS patch for 2.8.1dev5

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV DOS patch for 2.8.1dev5
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 17:51:12 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> > Version 2.8.1dev5 doesn't compile under DJGPP because of a conflict
> > between the two tcp.h files (lynx and wattcp). The following patch fixes
> > this so that the compilation under DJGPP succeeds.
> I'd forgotten about this: but are the tcp.h files compatible, or should
> we rename the Lynx tcp.h?

I am not sure what you mean by "compatible". We have been using them
together since lynx was first ported to DOS with WATTCP. The WATTCP
tcp.h is needed for compilation of libtcp.a. I believe it is also
referenced by inclusion in some of the WATTCP include files that are
used by lynx (I think, for example, socket.h). The tcp.h file in
WWW/Library/Implementation has a number of platform dependent defines.
The problem seems to occur when the program is looking for one file and
gets the other in error. I don't know much about makefile syntax, but
it seems that this problem arose when the include files switched from
"includefile.h" to <includefile.h>.

With the change in the WWW/Library/djgpp/makefile, lynx seems to find
the correct file. Did anyone else have this problem compiling with
DJGPP, or is it something in my setup that requires the makefile change?
                                Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)