lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Configure

From: Benjamin C. W. Sittler
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Configure
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:36:56 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Wayne Buttles wrote:

> Anyone have any links on getting configure working with a dos or windows
> compiler?  I don't know what the requirements are to run it.

It fails with DJGPP (infinite printscreen symptom, any ideas why?).

It works beautifully with Cygnus GNU-Win32.

In each case I just ran 'bash configure' after making sure I had an 'sh'
in '/bin'.

In each case I lied to configure by telling it I was using Linux on an
i386. (--host=i386-linux if I remember correctly.)

Unfortunately the libslang I built (using slang's autoconfigure) wants a
libtermcap, so I'll try to rebuild ncurses and use that instead. (Ewww!
/usr/lib/terminfo under Windows!)  Unfortunately, the ncurses I compiled
with b18 of cygwin32 doesn't work with b19.