lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV user agent?

From: Michael Sokolov
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV user agent?
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 21:36:54 -0500 (EST)

Matt Ackeret <address@hidden> wrote:
> So nobody knows how to get lynx to save the user agent?

The people who have the authority over the codeset on sol.slcc.edu don't want
you to be able to change the user agent string permanently. I have once
considered adding this to my codeset, but first I need to hear Fote's opinion
on this matter, and I don't know his phone # or E-mail address. If Fote
believes that this is against the spirit of Lynx, I will have to deny the
requests for this feature, since if I don't obey any of his commandments, my
version will no longer be True Lynx. If, however, Fote OKs it, I will gladly
add this feature to my version. It is trivial to implement!

Sincerely,
Michael Sokolov
Phone: 440-449-0299
ARPA Internet SMTP mail: address@hidden