lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: problems with lynx (bug?)

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: problems with lynx (bug?)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 11:06:53 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998 address@hidden wrote:

> >     * From: "Denis de Bernardy" <address@hidden>
> >     * Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 18:27:20 -0000
> >
> >I've juste installed lynx to test a page of mine from my pc instead of going
> >on my unix account, but have encountered two problems. I'm using the
> >win95/nt version of the browser.
> >
> >2) the browser doesn't seem to print special characters that hardly exist in
> >english pages, such as ' &eacute; ' =  ' é ' correctly.
> >
> >Is this a flaw, from the program, a bug, or a setting error...?
> >I've never encountered the problem on solaris...
> >
> I have the same problem on my U. S. version compiled with GNU gcc for Windows.
> It seems that the Dos windows that you get with OpenConsole use the old OEM
> terminal character set which is not in agreement with ISO Latin 1, or just
> about
> any other internet character set.  (But, correct me if I'm wrong, fellas.)

I'm not sure of why it happens, but I have heard it does happen to the
borland version that I compile.  I had thought the screen printing and
keyboard problems were limited to PDCurses only.  I bet you use slang
though, so there goes that idea.

Does setting DosLatinUS (cp437) in display (C)haracter set help?