lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV dodging the gun

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV dodging the gun
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 08:20:50 -0500

well, that's an interesting article.  However, is there any where that
one would use PGP or an equivalent in lynx?  SSL isn't related to PGP in
anyway that I know of, and thus this commercial software equivalent (which
would still have to be purchased by each user and would force all users
of lynx to build lynx to be able to use it) would't help.

Of course, one could argue that a similar action could be taken to
create an equivalent to SSL.
However, it remains to be seen whether folk building and sitributing
a product based on such a thing would be prosecuted by the US.  I am sure
there are folk out there who would have interest.  However, I am equally
certain there are folk who would not be interested in taking a chance of
prosecution and thus would either continue the current non-restricted
lynx or quit on lynx altogether.